5 interesting facts about home insurance you didn’t know
When you say the word “home” an array of images immediately come to your mind. Sitting on a plush couch reading a book. A place filled with memories of childhood. The laughter of children. It’s no wonder then that the famous quote, “Home is where the heart is,” is often remembered when one comes back to one’s abode after a long journey.
This is also the reason why home insurance has become increasingly popular in the last few years. Homeowners are realizing, slowly but surely, that their residence must be insured and protected against any unforeseen incidents. Home insurance companies particularly urge people living close to dangerous neighborhoods to protect their mansion against fire, theft, and vandalism.
However, home insurance extends way beyond simply protecting your apartment against burglars. Here are facts about an insurance house that you probably didn’t know:
- You can get home insurance for a house you don’t own
You can buy insurance for valuable items, electronic equipment, expensive artwork and other contents in your home even if you don’t own it. Most people incorrectly believe that you need to own a house to ensure it and its contents but that isn’t true.So ensure your tasteful artwork, myriad appliances, and dazzling jewelry even if it’s stored in a home you don’t own.
- Home insurance covers natural calamities
Besides fire, burglary, and vandalism, home insurance also protects your home against certain natural calamities such as floods and earthquakes. Some general insurance companies also provide protection against terrorism with an additional cost to your premium.
- Have pets? Veterinary costs are also coveredIn many families, pets aren’t just pets. They are considered family members and given ample love and care. Many people are unaware of the fact that home insurance policies also cover your pooch’s veterinary costs.Check with your insurance provider for more details on this since different companies provide different terms and conditions.
- You can buy a policy onlineSurprisingly, you can ensure your home in less than two minutes on your laptop in the comfort of your home or office. Most popular insurance companies provide quotes, proposal forms, and payment portals online so you don’t have to deal with the hassle of talking to an agent or meeting one.
- It also covers the breakdown of electronic appliancesIs your kitchen the pride of your house? Is it well stocked with cooking equipment? Or are you a tech-savvy person and own an expensive music system with surround sound? You can get all these insured with your home insurance plan. Portable equipment such as a laptop, audio-visual systems, and household appliances are protected by such insurance policies.Many people also falsely believe that home insurance is a luxury. In a time when burglaries, natural calamities, reports of house fires and earthquakes are on the rise, it is essential for all homeowners to ensure their cosy flats. Contact your insurance service provider to know about protecting your lovely home.
We will contact you soon.
Need Help? Talk to us now
Or SMS SERVE to 922 2211 100