Terms and Conditions
Future Generali India Insurance Company Limited ("FGIICL") is pleased to offer online premium payment facility to its policyholder through its website https://general.futuregenerali.in. To avail online premium payment facility the policyholder needs to register at the website of the FGIICL.
A policyholder who has registered itself for online premium payment facility will hereinafter be referred as (registered policyholder) and is required to provide details of his/her Policy no., Customer ID, and Date of Birth. Registered policy holder may make payment of its insurance premium amounts through his own Credit Card or Debit card or his own Net banking account via a secured path as well as through Net Banking facility provided by third party (i.e. service provider).
- These terms and conditions form an unconditional agreement between the registered Policyholder and FGIICL. By using the online premium payment facility, the registered Policyholder acknowledges having understood and accepted these terms and conditions. Notwithstanding anything contained herein, all terms and conditions stipulated in the Policy Document shall continue to apply.
- In case the registered policyholder using the Net Banking facility provided by third party, the terms and conditions as prescribed by the third party shall apply in addition. In such case, the policyholder shall enter the Website of a third party which is not owned, controlled or endorsed by FGIICL.
FGIICL does not undertake any liability, responsibility or warrant for the details, accuracy, completeness or correct sequence of any content, services or the reliability of any service, statement or other information displayed or provided through the third party Website.
- Payment of renewal premium for “In Force” policies is accepted through online payment mode. Premium amount to be paid that appears on the webpage is inclusive of current applicable Service Tax. The online renewal premium payment facility will not accept premiums exceeding or lower than the due premium amount.
- The registered policyholder hereby agrees and declares that the premium payment made under this mode has been paid out of legally declared and assessed sources of income of the Policyholder.
- Registered policyholder shall indemnify and keep indemnified FGIICL including its officers, employees and agents against any loss which FGIICL may incur sustain, suffer or likely to suffer in connection with FGIICL’s execution of the registered policyholder’s instructions and against all actions, claim, demands, proceedings, losses, damages, costs, charges and expenses as a consequence or by reason of providing this facility for any action taken or omitted to be taken by FGIICL, its officers, employees or agents on the instruction of the registered policyholder.
- Online premium payment is to be made by the registered policyholder itself and not by any third party on behalf of the registered policyholder. FGIICL will not be responsible for any loss or liability arising out of disclosure of personal details relating to credit card or bank account to any third party by the registered policyholder. Payment through any Card issued outside India by any institution will not be permitted.
- The registered policyholder shall take all necessary precautions to prevent unauthorized and illegal use of this facility and therefore shall not disclose the details of its credit card to any other person to prevent its unauthorized use. FGIICL shall not be liable for any misuse of the any banking information of the registered policyholder and the registered policyholder shall be responsible for maintaining the secrecy of his banking information and shall not divulge the same to any person whatsoever.
- The registered policyholder expressly understands and unconditionally agrees that he/she will not hold FGIICL liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages whatsoever, including but not limited to damages or losses resulting from (a) the use or performance or inability to use or non-performance of the facilities (b) the provision of failure to provide the facilities (c) such transactions that are carried out on the Policyholder's instructions in good faith (d) any loss or damage incurred or suffered by the Policyholder due to any defect, error, failure or interruption in the provision of the facilities or (e) any other matter related to the facilities.
- Online premium payment facility is completely dependent on the performance of the Server of the third party for Credit Card transactions and the respective Banks for all Bank account transactions. FGIICL does not guarantee their server uptime and transaction success as entire co-ordination is between third party and bank account web site Transaction acknowledgement receipt number appearing on the page after a successful payment of the amount by the registered policyholder is to be noted and presented as reference if there is any discrepancy.
Registered policyholder should ensure that there are sufficient funds in the destination account to avoid transaction decline. Premium shall be deemed as paid only when the same is acknowledged as "transaction successful" at FGIICL’s website and non-generation of the said acknowledgement due to communication failure or any other reason shall amount to non-receipt of premium by FGIICL. The registered policyholder shall recover the amount, if any from the banking channel or third party service provider in case the amount is debited to his account in the transaction, where communication failure is due to third party servers/websites.
- The Policyholder agrees that in event he/she is dissatisfied with any portion of the facilities or with any of the terms and conditions or alterations thereto, his/her sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue the use of the facilities.
- FGIICL shall have the absolute discretion to amend or supplement any of the Terms herein at any time. Further, FGIICL may at its sole discretion suspend or terminate this facility at any time for any reason. The Policyholder will remain responsible for any transactions made through this facility until the time of such termination.
- While FGIICL uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information on this website, errors or omissions sometimes occur. FGIICL makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the content of this website. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall FGIICL or any party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the website be liable to you for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials on this website, even if FGIICL or an FGIICL authorised representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event shall FGIICL's total liability to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing this website.
- These terms & conditions and/or operations in the accounts of the registered policyholder shall be governed by laws of India and dispute, if any arising herein shall be referred to the sole arbitrator to be appointed by the Company who shall conduct its proceedings in accordance with the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 or any amendment thereto. Subject to arbitration provisions Courts at Mumbai shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any matter arising herein.
- No person shall allow or offer to allow, either directly or indirectly, as an inducement to any person to take or renew or continue an insurance in respect of any kind of risk relating to lives or property in India, any rebate of the whole or part of the commission payable or any rebate of the premium shown on the policy, nor shall any person taking out or renewing or continuing a policy accept any rebate, except such rebate as may be allowed in accordance with the published prospectuses or tables of the insurer. Any person making default in complying with the provisions of this section shall be punishable with fine which may extend to five hundred rupees
- Service Tax is payable on insurance premiums as per applicable laws as may apply from time to time and the same shall be borne by the policyholder. Insurance is the subject matter of the solicitation.
- For further clarifications contact our customer service Helpline number 1800-220-233 or 1860-500-3333 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.